Extended Port Opening Hours
Posted on 29/08/2018
Due to significant customer demand and growing container volumes, Port Nelson is pleased to announce that from the week commencing, Monday, 3 September 2018, the Port will be extending its operational hours to 2200hrs for container receipt and collection.
The following process will be required to meet the additional operational and cost requirements:
• All containers to be gated in after 1730hrs will need to be pre-notified (pinned) to Port Nelson gatehouse staff by no later than 1500hrs on the same day. Any pre-notification cannot be changed after 1500hrs.
• Each container pre-notified for drop-off or collection post 1730hrs will be subject to a $20 + GST fee.
• Port Nelson will accept un-notified bookings, subject to space / plug capacity and correct set temperature notified to the forklift operator by the truck driver*.
• Containers that are un-notified will be subject to a $100 + GST fee.
o Please note that empty containers cannot be collected if not pre-notified
• All bookings are to be communicated through Port Nelson gatehouse staff:
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: 03 539 3825
• All invoicing and payments will be between Port Nelson and the respective cargo owner / shipper.
Extended operational hours will be staged in terms of resourcing and customer demand. As part of this first stage of implementation there will only be terminal operational staff present. There will not be Port Nelson admin staff between 1730hrs and 2200hrs, therefore changes to drop off/pick up plans will not be able to be made to bookings during these times.
Please also find attached template form to fill out should you wish to drop off / collect containers after 1730hrs.
Click HERE to download receival & delivery template
* Port Nelson will not accept liability for incorrect or no set temperatures if no pre-notification is received. Port Nelson is also limited to the number of containers that can be received without pre-notification due to NZ Customs requirements and notifications.
Please contact Eugene Beneke, should you have any further queries - email@example.com