Commercial Vessel Refit
Port Nelson – your choice for commercial vessel refit
Port Nelson offers a modern infrastructure with comprehensive facilities and 24/7 services to shipping lines and to the Nelson engineering and refit cluster.
Services & Skills
- Nelson based engineering companies have worked on marine refit and build projects over many years for local, national and international clients across most marine sectors.
- They offer skilled project management, quality materials, traditional techniques and innovative solutions to complex engineering requirements.
- Port Nelson has the third largest slipway in New Zealand, with a growing record in tuna vessel refits.
- The location of the port means that everything is very close to the job in hand.
Location & Climate
- Port Nelson lies at the head of Tasman Bay, sheltered from the southerly air-flows that bring most of New Zealand’s cold weather.
- Nelson has the highest annual sunshine hours in New Zealand, an average of more than 45 hours of sunshine a week, with little working time lost to rain-days.
Lifestyle & Recreation
- Nelson has three beautiful national parks nearby, vineyards, restaurants, cafes and beaches.
- The region offers almost everything off duty staff could want to do from mountain-biking to visiting craft breweries.
Read more here about Nelson vessel build and refit services (link to PDF)