Superyacht Build and Refit
Port Nelson – your choice for superyacht visits and refit
Port Nelson offers a modern infrastructure with comprehensive facilities and 24/7 services to shipping lines and to the Nelson engineering and refit cluster.
Services & Skills
- Port Nelson is at the heart of one of New Zealand’s most popular and extensive cruising areas, with corresponding expertise in services for recreational vessels.
- There is a purpose-built superyacht berth in the heart of the waterside recreational area.
- Marine companies servicing the white boat sector have the expertise to build and refit in steel, composite and wood.
- There is under cover capacity to carry out refits on yachts and powerboats up to 28m.
- In addition to the engineering and refit facilities there are sail-makers, riggers, upholsterers, cabinet-makers and experts in teak deck laying.
- The location of the port means that everything is very close to the job in hand.
Location & Climate
- Nelson is at the centre of New Zealand. Entry by sea from east and west makes it the most accessible port in the country.
- Port Nelson lies at the head of Tasman Bay, sheltered from the southerly air-flows that bring most of New Zealand’s cold weather.
- Nelson has the highest annual sunshine hours in New Zealand, an average of more than 45 hours of sunshine a week.
Lifestyle & Recreation
- Nelson has three beautiful national parks nearby, vineyards, restaurants, cafes and beaches.
- Port Nelson is the stepping off point for sailing in waters off the Abel Tasman National Park. It is also a day sail to the Marlborough Sounds.
- The region offers a range of activities from mountain-biking to visiting craft breweries.
Read more here about Nelson superyacht and recreational craft opportunities and facilities. (link to PDF)