· Do you like variety in your work?
· Combine your maintenance skills and operational experience
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this permanent full time role will be responsible for providing assistance at both our slipways, to support the running of it in a safe, effective and efficient manner. No two days will be the same. Responsibilities range from construction and maintenance work on buildings, wharves, vessels, navigation aids, fences, plant and equipment, to supporting the Slip Masters, to processing purchases and invoices.
The ideal candidates will have:
· A can do attitude with solid planning skills to ensure efficient operations and compliance
· A high degree of safety awareness and knowledge
· Effective communication skills with both internal and external customers
· Basic Computer Skills (Outlook, Excel)
· Experience with a construction or utilities maintenance background
· Ability to work effectively in a team or alone
· Class 2 drivers licence with F endorsement & OSH certification
· Truck mounted crane unit standard
· Mobile crane unit standard
· Scissor lift unit standard
· Work at height unit standard
A engineering related trade qualification is preferred, but not essential, demonstrated experience is also acceptable.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our positions, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
Please be aware that for this role you must be able to show that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We operate a drug and alcohol testing programme.
We need to move quickly and will be assessing applications as they are received so please apply ASAP. Applications close 28 January 2022.