- Want flexible working hours?
- Want a pay rate of $24 per hour plus 10% leave calculation (2% above legal minimum)?
- Want to work with a great team and have fun while you are at it?
QuayPack is the warehousing and distribution division of Port Nelson, the maritime gateway for the Nelson, Tasman and Marlborough region. Port Nelson is a vital hub for the region’s continued economic growth and prosperity. It is always busy but being a tidal port in a COVID environment means workloads can change regularly. This where you come in!
What's in it for you
This is a busy hands-on, manual role so if you like physical activity and want a work out while you get paid this could be for you! The other great thing is that being a casual position, this gives you part-time or occasional work which can fit around the other important things in your life.
And crucially, we take your health and safety very seriously. Which is something that should mean a lot to you.
Something About You
First and foremost, you will be someone who is fully focused on safe work practices and the care of cargo. Ideally you will have worked in a warehouse facility before, with an understanding of quality control. However if not, full training will be provided.
Other important stuff about you:
- You have a high level of physical fitness (the role involves vanning and devanning containers);
- You are pro-active and like being able to work unsupervised;
- You are self-motivated and energetic - you love being busy;
- You pay attention to detail and you hate making mistakes;
- You like our ASPIRE values – Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence.
Please be aware that for this role you must be able to show that you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
We operate a drug and alcohol testing programme.
We have an immediate need so will be assessing applications as they are received. Please apply ASAP or contact Jacqui on 027 734 0113 for more info.