- Are you naturally curious? Always look for the meaning...the “why”...behind the numbers.
- Recent graduate with excellent communications skills.
- If you are a team player and enthusiastic about learning, we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
This is an exciting, newly created position for a recent graduate to join our experienced and friendly Business Systems Team at Port Nelson.
Interacting with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, you will conduct the gathering of data requirements with end users while identifying which data is essential to the task. A key objective of the role is to ensure the quality of data is maintained, compliling documentation and reports while supporting the Business System Team with Technology projects and ad hoc tasks.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to stretch and develop your career within a complex and supportive environment.
As well as being a self-motivated, can-do person, you would have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, business administration or economics
- Exposure to data warehousing design and tools, e.g. SQL Server or WhereScape RED
- Knowledge of reporting software and Data Visualisation tools such as PowerBi
- Analytical and logical thinker
- Ability to plan and organise effectively
- Problem solving skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to take information and transform it into visually appealing reports and presentations
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
You probably already know Port Nelson’s reputation as a great place to work. It is the maritime gateway for the top of the South Island and a vital hub for economic activity, and a key stakeholder in the region’s continued growth and prosperity.
Perhaps you’re looking for the chance to learn from the best and progress in your career, or perhaps you’re looking to work for a company that values its employees and has a great company culture - either way, this position is an ideal vehicle for achieving your personal and professional goals. As an employer, we have a strong regional profile and stability with upcoming growth and expansion inevitable; there has never been a better time to make your mark!
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our positions, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: Accountability, Safety, Passion, Integrity/honesty, Respect and Excellence
Please note: you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
We need to move quickly and will be assessing applications as they are received so please apply ASAP.
For further enquiries on this role, please email email@example.com.
Applications close: 21 August 2022