Port Nelson joined a network of over 250 business sector organisations that have committed to be an active part of New Zealand’s biosecurity team of all New Zealanders by integrating proactive biosecurity practices into their operations and supply chains. The Pledge functions as a forum for members to engage and collaborate in ways that builds collective biosecurity capability.
Port Nelson pledges:
- actively seek to understand and manage the biosecurity considerations associated with their business activities
- promote a culture of proactive biosecurity management within their operations, across their business, around their board tables, and across their teams
- incorporate biosecurity into their procurement policies that guide the selection of goods, travel, logistics, and service providers
- take opportunities to support their customers, staff, suppliers and stakeholders to understand the importance of biosecurity and what good biosecurity practice looks like
- approach biosecurity with the views that it is everyone's responsibility, that risk is best managed offshore, and that they will actively engage with the Biosecurity New Zealand to support better biosecurity outcomes for New Zealand.