Port Nelson - Container Weight Verification Requirement
Please find attached Port Nelson’s communications with regards to containers needing to have a verified weight before they can be loaded onto a ship from July 1 2016.
Please take the time to read all the links on the attached document and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email: Cargo.Reception@portnelson.co.nz
On Arrival at Port Nelson
- All trucks shall stop at Cargo Reception for processing of documentation and receipt of directions unless otherwise instructed.
- Trucks should park in the waiting areas adjacent to Cargo Reception. The driver is to present documentation for authorisation, inspection and data entry into our computerised container management system.
- Cargo Reception staff will input the relevant data into the Jade Master Terminal management system and give the driver directions to the correct vehicle transfer area for the cargo or container.
- Important: The driver must have a PNL Photo ID card or be issued with a Visitor Card to gain access or exit through the Security Gate system.
- The driver to proceed to the vehicle transfer area to which they have been assigned to have cargo loaded or unloaded.
On Exit from Port Nelson
Any cargo details omitted, incorrect or notations for damage etc. are recorded within the Jade Master Terminal cargo management system.
Correct Documentation is Vital. The driver, before entry or exit from the port, must amend incomplete or incorrect documentation.
We require the following information to be contained within the documentation provided at cargo reception on arrival at Port Nelson:
Containers Other Cargo Delivering MT Containers to Yard Container number Waybill number Container number Container type Voyage reference Container type Voyage reference Consignor Shipping Line Consignor Port of discharge Consignor (Source) Port of discharge Final destination Final destination Booking reference Booking reference Cargo description Cargo description Weight Weight Dimensions Temperature Special instructions Humidity Vent setting Seal number Special instructions Hazard class/type Hazard declaration certificate
Collecting Import Cargo
Official Delivery Orders from both the shipping line or (its agent) and from Customs.
Collecting Coastal Cargo from Port Nelson
Official Delivery Orders from the shipping line (or its agent)
Customs Client Code
Port Nelson Ltd's number is 00328977L for Customs EDI messaging.